See the below list for ways you can contribute to the Thomas Fire relief effort. If you have other resources you would like us to share with the group, or if you would like to organize something in the Valley, please let us know.
- The Red Cross is able to provide disaster relief services during wildfire season thanks to the generosity of the community. The best and quickest way to support wildfire relief efforts is through a financial donation. Call, click or text to give: call 1-800 RED CROSS, visit redcross.org, or text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- The Red Cross is accepting new volunteers who are interested in supporting wildfire relief efforts. Visit tinyurl.com/ThomasFire to begin an application. Once submitted, Red Cross representatives will contact the applicants regarding orientation and volunteer opportunities.
- United Way has set-up the Thomas Fire Fund and a text-to-give campaign. 100% of the donations will support those in our community affected by the wildfires. Donations can be made by texting UWVC to 41444, online at www.vcunitedway.org or calling 805-485-6288. Checks may be sent to the United Way office at 702 County Square Drive, Suite 100, Ventura, CA 93003. Please write “Thomas Fire Fund” in the memo.
- The Salvation Army is handling the feeding of the two main evacuation centers for the Thomas fire at the Ventura County Fairgrounds and Nordhoff High School in Ojai. The organization is asking the public for support to keep its staff and volunteers in the field to help those impacted by the fires. To donate, go to www.salvationarmysocal.org or call 1 800 SAL ARMY and donate to fire relief today.
- The Humane Society of Ventura County is in desperate need of donations as volunteers continue to house hundreds of animals displaced by the Thomas Fire. The humane society's Ojai office is in most need as more and more animals come in with nowhere else to go. Cooper says many people have offered to volunteer their time and help out at the station. Anyone interested in volunteering should contact the shelter's volunteer coordinator via email at [email protected].
For information about making a monetary donation, click here.